Re: Panic Attack - Long

Title: Re: Panic Attack - Long
My cinchy horse needs lots of lifts with the girth, a suggestion from Linda Tellington-Jones, and a slow, gentle draw-up.  No sudden jerks.

Also, walking a few steps before anything else is a must-do, or there will be an explosion.  I'll then lunge him around me at the trot for a circle or two and then check the girth again before getting on.

I do not tie my horse up while saddling, but keep the lead rope looped loosely over my arm.

I'd definatly get either a doctor or a chiropractor to check him over before I did any more riding, though.  And I don't think the gravel had anything to do with it.

Hope you're feeling better.