Re: RC: Thoughts on Nat Champs & ROC

There are, however, 100 mile rides in CA. So, while there is no guarantee
you'll ever win one, you have reasonable access to attempt to do so.
Even something like the Pan Ams selects teams in zones. So while it is
difficult to be selected for the final team, it is not difficult to attempt
to build a record within ones zone that allows one to be considered.
Rides like the Tevis & OD are (basically) the same (in terms of
accomplishment) year after year. If that is one's goal, there is reasonable
access to the ride if one is willing to plan ahead and make the sacrifice to
go that far.
IF (and this is a big if) the AERC is going to call something a national
championship, it needs to provide reasonable access to all the membership at
some time, even if not all in the same year. We already have national
mileage championships for those who complete lots of rides in one year. I
don't think we need to slant a NC in  the same direction.
Nancy Mitts