RE: RC: Heavyweight vs. Lightweights

The stats are probably correct, but correct because they are just statistically more featherweights and lightweights, at least in our region.  Maybe we just have smarter heavyweights out West :)  ------running for cover now.....

K.
-----Original Message-----
From: Truman Prevatt [mailto:tprevatt@mindspring.com]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 4:43 AM
To: Kathy Mayeda
Cc: RideCamp
Subject: Re: RC: Heavyweight vs. Lightweights

The advantage usually fades quickly with the vet score. I looked at this for one complete year - every ride - the featherweight and lightwights win BC more often compared to their numbers in a ride than do the MWs and HWs if the BC was selected at "random.".  That is if you calculate the probability of a FW or LW winning BC compared to their numbers in the ride compared to the total number in the ride if the BC was selected by a random draw, the category of FW and LW had a larger number of BCs that if BC was selected at random.

Interesting fact was for 50's it was much closer than 100's - which may mean the handicapping is probably way off for a 100.

Kathy Mayeda wrote:

Ya know – I’ve been at several rides this year where being a Heavyweight was a real advantage in getting BC.  The Quicksilver Fall Classic and the SASO CEI-B had Heavyweights winning BC.