Re: RC: Thoughts on Nat Champs & ROC

Was the original "Trailer Race" better?  Well...if you live in a part of
the country where you can do a race every weekend of the year I guess it
was...but it still didn't prove they were the "Best endurance horse in
the country".

But it did a lot better job of it, in my opinion.  I can remember the names of 6-8 national champions in the 80's.  Becky Hart, Darolyn, Elwin Wines, Hanne Hollander, Tracy Slater, Brenda Reudy, Marny Nance, and a bunch.  I have to admit I cannot name one national champion this year.  And I have never understood the term trailer race.  Is it not better than having to trailer 2-3,000 miles to go to one race?  I don't know but it is a never ending debate.  I know that I for one and a lot of people I have talked to would like it to go back to the old system.  Doubt that it would happen though.......maryben