Re: RC: Beet pulp isn't widely available

In a message dated 01-10-29 16:55:54 EST, givensb@prodigy.net writes:

<< Here in west Texas I'm having hell getting beet pulp.

 I've called around within a hundred mile radius, I've called Nebraska,
 Missouri, and Colorado.  And no, I've not thrown a hissy fit as it would
 do no good.  People are trying for me to find the stuff.  >>

When I stopped by the feed store in New Waverly, TX (E. TX) last week, the
lady told me that their original supplier had run out, now their current
supplier was out, and that they were frantically searching for another one.
She said that it's about time to process the sugar beets, so by the end of
November the supply should be back up.  I bought a couple of extra bags just
in case...even though they'd raised their prices.  :(  Supply and demand, I
guess.  They sell a lot of it to kids raising livestock for the Houston
Livestock Show, so sell a lot of it.

Dawn in East Texas