Beet Pulp

K S SWIGART   katswig@earthlink.net

Maggie said:

>> I can't figure out why everyone can't get beet pulp! It's widely
available. Your local feed guy just has to be willing to ship it. We
couldn't find it locally either until I put up a big fuss. We started
feeding it, recommended it to clients and now everyone sells beet pulp. Of
course, Michigan grows a lot of sugar beets. However, some of our beet
pulp actually comes from out of state! <<

Please note that the person who said she could not get beet pulp lives in
South Africa.  The local feed guy would have to be willing to ship it over
10,000 miles and probably put up with some rather tedious agricultural
import requirements.

The beet pulp wouldn't have to come from (GASP) "out of state!"  It would
have to come from out of the country.

> I would make lots of
> waves and complain a lot and maybe someone will bring beet pulp to YOU!

As amazing as it may seem to some people, there are places in this world
where "just ship it" is easier said than done.  That there really are
places where you can't just bitch and moan enough so people will fall all
over themselves to bring things to you. :)

kat
Orange County, Calif.