Re: RC: Blanketing Question

In a message dated 10/25/01 7:56:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Dbeverly4@aol.com writes:

They stay way cleaner and tacking up to go riding is a snap (don't have to scrape all that mud off first)  :))

Sylvia

I agree with Sylvia. This is the main reason why I blanket. I live in the mountains and we have snow. It is easy to pull the blanket off and put the saddle on a clean and shiney horse. I have never had to cool him out because his coat is short enough not to make him sweaty when we ride. I have a stall light that is on a timer and that has helped keep his coat short during the winter. He has never suffered from the cold and his stall door is open all the time so he can go in and out at will. I pull the blanket off when the temps are in the 40's and then put it back on at feeding time in the evening. I also usually keep a light sheet on him during the summer (except on really warm days) as he gets really dusty and the static won't let me brush it off. He is dark bay and has never appeared cold, however I have had grey Arabs that have shivered in the cold and loved their blankets.

Bonnie
So. Calif.