Re: Re: What about blankets when trailering?

My biggest concern re blankets is WET horses with no way to get out of it.
Our horses are quite comfy in their own fluffy hair at -40F, given plenty of
good food (and that IS a time where alfalfa is nice), and if anything,
blankets mash down the hair and make them colder.  Same for trailering in
the cold.  But if they are WET (say, 33F and raining), their hair gets
flattened and is no longer a good insulation layer.  I'd be far more apt to
blanket in, say, Seattle, than in an eastern Montana blizzard...

Heidi