Re: RC: Blanketing Question

Horses have lived outside for
thousands of years without blankets, why do they need
one now?". Give me some good reasons...Thank you.

For their owner's convenience and mostly no other reason.  My horses are out in pasture with trees up a little gully to get under in bad weather.  The only exception I make is if I know it is going to rain, I put a waterproof blanket on the old mule.  Leroy is going on 31 and very skinny and I just think it helps not to let him get wet.  He comes down and stands still to have it put on so I don't think he minds.  However, I do make sure to take it off when it is not raining.  He does grow a winter coat that way.    maryben