Re: Re: What about blankets when trailering?

"Karen Sullivan" <greymare@jps.net> said:
>...those
> tiny roof vents that face BACKWARDS!  Can someone explain to me how they
can
> get air in the trailer going down the road....if they open backwards???
So;
> it does depend on the time of year and the type of ventilation in the
> trailer, as far as if you blanket.

You're probably going to get 50 replies to this, so let me
have the honor of being the first ;-)

It's a fluid dynamics thing.  Vents facing backwards is *correct*.
The flow of air over the vent creates like a vacuum behind the
vent that sucks the air into the trailer.  So, you get an even
flow of fresh air into the trailer without the ramscoop-like effect
you'd get if the vent faced forward.

Any trailer you see, human or horse, is going to have vents
facing backwards.

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net
Massachusetts, USA