beet pulp

Just read in Equus that a study showed that ponies fed beet pulp were better able to absorb the nutrients from their hay - woohoo!  It just keeps sounding better all the time.

I am wondering if sugar beets are typically sprayed with pesticides - I know some types of crops have more pest problems that others.  Anyone know?  Just thinking that since we're getting the pulp in a dehydrated form if there was much pesticide residue it might be more concentrated (compared to a whole sugar beet).

Kathy & Gabriel  (I love my beet pulp and will eat anything you put in it!!)