trail advocate? how did that happen?

I think I just got the job everyone should do but everyone hopes someone else will do... went riding on state land Sunday (no hunting on Sundays in this state) and had a "run in" with some hunters. Now, my husband hunts, and I don't have a problem with eating Bambi, but we were threatened with being shot and had a weapon discharged as we were leaving. I've spent all day dealing with this, and the state folks are very cooperative, but what a mess. And of course the situation is very complex - newly aquired land, politics etc. So it looks like an ongoing job. On a positive note, a state forest near me has doubled its size - about 9000 acres, and they are very open to having horses in it - one of their original buildings is a stable from 1903. A driving club has been helping clean up and maintain some areas. So now I have an outlet for my incredible range of talents, from serious ass kissing, asking why until people don't remember why, understanding "beaurocrat-ese" (Dad worked for DNR) to being a total stubborn bitch. Wish me luck.

                                      Shelly