Re: RC: Dog Rules

I cannot see how the violation of a rule to keep a dog tied up, in the trailer
or on a lease would put any rider or horse at risk - unless the dog bit said
horse or rider in which case it is an issue for law enforcement not the AERC.

I would question that a rule of no dogs - unless it was required by the
landmanager in which case the RM should call on them to enforce since they do
have the enforcement teeth - would provide greater safety to horse and rider.

For the flipping record so I don't get these private Emails, I am not saying
that dogs should or should not be allowed at rides. I am not saying RM have
the right or don't have the right to limit dogs at rides. All that I am saying
is reading the rules it doesn't appear to me that the AERC has a whole lot of
interest in getting involved in any rule that is not specifically spelled out
or that does not effect the safety of the horse or rider. I do not think dogs
at rides fall in that category.

Truman