Re: RC: Re: Re: Dog Rules

a dog causes a problem or breaks a ride managers
rule.......if that dog is associated with a rider; deny them a completion.

I have no problem with that if I warn them in advance.  I once told someone that if I saw the dog off leash once more, I would ask them to leave and would not refund the entry fee.  I was nice about it but I meant it and she knew it.

Our ride this weekend had a guy show up with a dog and our permit specifically said that there were no dogs allowed.  We sent him to camp in the main parking lot outside the gate of the park and it worked fine.  It was not really his fault but we could not allow the dog to stay.  Had it been our own property, I think I would have made an exception because he had called to enter and no one thought to tell him about the dog rule.

Personally, the only thing I did not like about our ride was that I missed my dog and worried because he and my roommate's dog were left home from Friday afternoon until Saturday night.  This also meant that I had to pack up in the dark and take the horses home Saturday and I would have preferred to stay over to Sunday.

mb