Re: Help! Down horse!

Hi Barbara
Hope it's OK with you that I also cc ridecamp but I forgot to mention
that Mon evening Mark and a neighbor rigged up the tow truck and put a
strap where the girth would be and the other strap (about as wide as a
girth too) back farther (just before the family jewels). They hoisted
him up and he flailed with his front end--- hung with his back--- they
were afraid of hurting him so lowered him down.
When the vet heard about this attempt, he wanted us to try on Tues. Same
thing--- flailed with front but not coordinated with back but then vet
said that could be due to their instinct to hang loose when suspended
like that. Decided not to try again because we do not have the type of
suspension system to be effective. I just thought of rigging up a horse
blanket between the straps for more even pressure but then danger of him
crashing into truck and how to lower and get him to put weight on hind
end???
Thanks for your suggestion
Bette