Re: RC: Another Jr. who endured

In a message dated 10/18/2001 9:29:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time, guest@endurance.net writes:

10.4.1.1 Sponsorships may change between checks only in the event that
either competitor or either competitor's mount is unable to continue
safely to a checkpoint.

Angie, I see what you mean.  Maybe this should be brought to the attention of the rules committee.  I have never been comfortable with this rule.  It was originally enacted to keep juniors from jumping to a faster sponsor.  I turned around and went back to the last check a couple of weeks ago and trust me, the competitor [me] was unable to go on.......mb