two-cents worth on dogs

We, too have a problem when the ride flyers say all dogs MUST be
on a leash and then get to a ride where the management have
their dogs running loose.....if you say something they just
laugh and say "my dog is OK they won't hurt anyone." as their
dog is attacking our dog, who is by our side on a 6 foot leash
held short!!!  WE have dogs and love to take them with us to
rides but, have gotten to the point where I usually have grandpa
and grandma take care of them as I have a hard time
understanding why I tie mine up ...so all other dogs in camp can
come and pick on them...no way.  I really do think that ride
management has a right to monitor this situation and at the ride
we manage....I have even jumped all over my sister in law for
having her dog loose.  (and my mother in law.....OK that maybe
wasn't the smartest on my half but dang it rules are rules!!!
and I really don't care who the people are).  My question
is....why do the people who don't tie their dogs up ...do it???
Does anyone who leaves their dog run loose want to respond?????

June, Mike Elmo and Ember (the picked on pups)