TWH in Endurance

Hey,

I'm located in NC, and last winter had the pleasure of
riding a Walking Horse for a day at some field trials.
 We probably only went for about 10 miles alltogether,
but it was a blast.

I'm interested to know if any endurance riders use TWH
or other gaited horses in endurance events.

If so, what should I be looking for in a TWH endurance
horse?

Also looking for suggestions on upcoming events to
attend in the Southeast as a spectator.

Thanks,

Mike