Re: RC: sponsoring juniors need advice

At 10:38 PM 10/17/2001 -0700, guest@endurance.net wrote:
>Is it legal to
>sponsor that many juniors? I have searched the AERC rules and either I
>missed it or it is okay to
>sponsor that many?

You can sponsor as many as you want.  The kids are great.  My advice would
be to team up with either experienced juniors or experienced sponsors (but
not inexperienced both).  Make sure you know what to do if something
happens to you, your horse, or one of the juniors or one of the juniors
horses.  I wouldn't want to sponsor more than one junior if they were very
young or were inexperienced.  It's not pretty out on the trail when things
go wrong.  Good luck, have fun and remember to follow the trail. :+D  (it's
easy to get sidetracked with lots of kids, it's good to pick at least one
that is a good co-pilot)

Sponsoring juniors is great. You can give them back when you are done, they
don't have to go home with you.  Plus, they have to do what you say.  I
love it.  Be sure and tell them that you have rules, and make them up as
you go.  Start with:  NO WHINING ALOWED.  :+)   My next rule after that
is:  "you have to do what I say".  Remember to remind them about their
manners on the trail, the other riders will appreciate that!