Safest Fencing at a Ride?

Rusty Toth jrusty@novus-tele.net
The debate begins again. In the past two seasons I have seen horses get
loose from electric fences, portable corrals and being tied to trailers.
The horse in the corral seemed to suffer the most injury; electric systems
are easily knocked down by a scared horse and tying leaves them no ability
to move around.

I am wondering if anyone knows which is the safest method statistically. I
have always used an electric system but have had my horse go through it in
a mountain thunderstorm. I have rented a portable corral and thank
goodness I was close because he rolled and his head went under the fence:
disaster in the making. All I can think is high line. What is the best?

Rusty Toth