Re: RC: National Championship Ride(Long)

Truman..

The guy dancing on the table was not one of "us".  Think he belonged to
the Saddle Club staying over at Stony Cove.  He heard from someone there
was a "party" and he and a couple of his friends "snuck in". <grin> They
were somewhat 3 sheets before they got there....After that little
performance, we decided "Amazing Grace" was a good choice of songs! :)

> I did notice you rubbing your hands a bit while you were putting up your
> guitar. One heck of a party. Sort of a cross between a Southern Baptist tent
> revival and a burlesque show! Who was the guy on the table dancing?
>

> > The ENTERTAINMENT was lots of fun.  Got to pick a little guitar on two
> > nights with Tommy Crain and John Crance.  Thanks guys, for putting up
> > with me.  Amy Whelan, who has a GREAT voice, sang for us.  Several
> > others joined us as well.  If anybody knows the guy who got up, borrowed
> > Tommy's guitar and sang the AERC song, I sure would like to have the
> > words and music to that!  Another lady sang a Patsy Cline song..... My
> > fingers were worn out!  Some unexpected entertainment was provided by
> > some non-AERC riders who showed up at the party Saturday nite.
> > Hmmm...gotta admit, it was different!

Sorry about that Truman......sometimes that happens...you just do the
best you can.  That's why they call it Endurance....it it was easy,
everyone could do it.

> That was one tough trail. I found a rock with my name on it, and the Jbird
> got a minor strain in the fetlock. I know exactly which rock it was out of
> the 25 million on the trail! Hit it took about three lame steps. We started
> to go back to the camp but after those three steps he was fine again so I
> thought a little sting and he was fine. We trotted and galloped the rest of
> the loop and he seemed sound but was a bit off at the check:-(.  A little
> swelling on Sat night, but it was down and looked pretty normal after a
> marathon 16 hour trailer ride on Sunday. No swelling or heat, but the vet is
> coming out for an ultrasound and we'll probably do some shoeing mods.
> Anyway great ride. We were about where we wanted to be when he came up off
> at the second check. Bummer

Jim, Sun of Dimanche, and Mahada Magic