2001 NCs

Those that weren't in attendance missed a great event.  I hope you'll
agree that Robby and his ham radio operators did a great job at
keeping the web standings up to date, and the timers did such a
wonderful job that it was made it a lot easier.  I met the fabulous
Nancy Gooch and her sister Jackie.  :-)

It's too bad that we didn't have any online reporters to tell some of
the stories of the rides.  I hope that participants will get on here
and tell their stories.  For instance, I missed a GREAT photo
opportunity when a big group of juniors crossed the finish line all
together, holding hands.  I *did* get some photos of them as they
came off of the hill and trotted behind camp where I was uploading
photos in the webcast trailer.

(I'm hoping Genie Stewart Spears captured that special moment.)

We had to leave right when the awards started in order to make very
early flights this morning in Louisville, darn it.  Not enough time
to party with my SE friends, but we did get a lot of jaw jacking in
during the days there.

Lots of ridecamper photos on my site, like Jim Holland, Truman
Prevatt, Susan Kasemeyer, Louise and Jesse Burton, Angie McGhee...
I've got another 75 or so from the 50s finish to prep and upload,
then will get around to captioning all of the 50s photos.  Back to
cable modem from dialup; that will help a lot.  You won't believe how
good Rudy the mule looks, he looked like he hadn't gone anywhere.

The Daniel Boone Distance Riders were an incredible group--they
displayed such wonderful teamwork and couldn't seem to be rattled by
anything.  Rudy's Ranch was a neat place for basecamp--a lot more
amenities than most ridecamps can boast.  Even after the rains on
Friday; they had hauled in a load of gravel and the mud was never a
problem.  I was biting my nails a bit at having a 2WD vehicle; not a
problem.  The vet checks made the coverage a breeze compared to
Tevis--if you hadn't noticed, each check was used twice in the 100.
Becky and Frank Siler took beautiful photos for the riders to
purchase, ride management offered "winners circle" photos in the
arena with a pretty handmade rose garland to pose with.  Dave Kaden
and his crew took a whole lot of good looking digital video footage.

I guess I'm procrastinating.  Gotta get these images done since the
return to "normal life" is coming up so quickly.

Lynne
http://www.lynnesite.com/ncphotos.html