Re: RC: Timing Clocks

--- "Linda B. Merims" <lbm@naisp.net> wrote:

> I've been mulling an idea for a new kind of
> competition that would help the
> mostly recreational trail riders that attend my
> events improve their
> skill at judging pace and distance.

Another idea is to give each rider something with
their number on it...like a painted rock.  When the
rider thinks they are X amount of miles out, drop the
rock.  Of course, finding the rocks seems like a major
task.  However, let's say the point is 5 miles out.  A
member of RM goes out 5 miles then starts looking
along the trail.

> Where does one get these clocks?  Were do you get
> your timing clocks,
> whatever you use?  Are these clocks something
> special--guaranteed to be
> more accurate (and thus synchronized) than your
> typical K-Mart kitchen clock?
> Or is K-Mart quality considered good-enough?

I've always used the cheap clocks and have had no
problems with synchronization as long as the batteries
are fresh and the clocks are set correctly.

=====
Susan Young Casey
Glenndale Grace Farm
Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles,
and win the race!"         - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)