clocks

The big white clocks are the same ones used poolside for meets. (I think) You can find those in most athlete related magazines. You can also find them in the classified ads in Western Horseman sometimes. I checked into getting a timer for our club when we put on speed events. They start at about $400 (digital) but you can find them used. Contact your local running club and I'll bet they could find you a used one. The thing they use in running and triathlon events now is a chip around your ankle and when you cross the finish line or come in the transition area, you cross a beam and it is automatically recorded for the timer. Pretty neat, but very expensive. Lisa Salas, The Odd fArm