Timing Clocks

This is a question mostly for ride managers...

I've been mulling an idea for a new kind of competition that would help the
mostly recreational trail riders that attend my events improve their
skill at judging pace and distance.

To pull this off, though, we'd need about five or six *synchronized* accurate clocks.

I noticed that, at PAC, there were these big white clocks that were the official
timers.  Big 10" digital white plastic things that were scattered all over the
place:  at the in/out timer's, when the horse entered the pulse-taking area,
etc.

Where does one get these clocks?  Were do you get your timing clocks,
whatever you use?  Are these clocks something special--guaranteed to be
more accurate (and thus synchronized) than your typical K-Mart kitchen clock?
Or is K-Mart quality considered good-enough?  How much do the clocks
cost, if they are something special?

Thanks

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net