Any liability for loaning your house?

To keep this endurance related, I've loaned out my endurance/competitive
horse to friends in the past.  Now I have a new friend who does not have a
trailer and cannot afford one at this time.  If I pick her up and haul her
horse, it is a 34 mile trip for me every time, so I've offered to let her
ride my horse with me on the trails.  Someone just asked me if I wasn't
worried about liability of loaning out my horse.  Now that scared me.  Do
any of you loan out your horses and, if so, what about liability?  Thanks.

Amber