loaning out a horse

Dona Hunter huntersrunfarm@msn.com

I loan my husbands horse out to a friend all the time for trail riding.
It is my best friend and I have known her for about 20 years.  I know as a
friend she would never sue me.  Of course I am always with her on the ride
and I would trust her with my life.

But the reality is anyone can sue you for anything, whether they win are
not is anyones guess.  It still costs to defend the suit.  Liability laws
vary from State to State.  Normally you have to be negligent to be liable.
I would suggest you call your insurance agent and discuss this with him.

Some people have their friends sign a waiver, but a waiver is does not
release you from liability.

Good luck.