Re: RC: Re: Cool, Auburn, Grass Valley N.Calif.

Joan Dowis wrote:

> ...public access through the project
> area, INCLUDING THE AUBURN-TO-COOL, WESTERN STATES...
>
> This means the Tevis trail as we know it will be subject to
> closure at the convenience of the construction operation,
>  and the closure of the trail through the coffer dam area
> will be permanent.

Joan

We're hoping to attend the meeting, or at least send in
our comments. But I have a question: why might this close
the WST intermittently? I didn't think that construction
traffic would cross anywhere over the WST? Wouldn't they
access the area down the Cardiac Hill By-pass trail?

> During initial discussions with State Parks personnel,
> an equestrian bridge was proposed; however, there is
> absolutely no mention of this possibility in the EIS/EIR.

Ha. So at least this idea was put forward. Interesting.
But handily pushed under the rug? Hmmm.

> Anyone interested in this subject should try to appear at
> this meeting for a show of force.  Public written input
> deadline is November 9, 2001.  I will post the address
> for written comments later - I don't have it at the moment.

If you don't find it, I'll get it tonight. I wrote it down
when I was at the trailhead in Cool, but it's in the car
with my husband right now.

--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@foothill.net
Repotted english person in Garden Valley (Sierra Foothills), CA