Re: RC: Sandy's response to The Way We Win

Hi Sandy; When I was horse shopping, I was really careful not to mention I would do any endurance riding on the perspective horses. I actually saw one ad from a ranch with a couple really nice trail horses and the ad said, "Will not sell this horse to do endurance". So that made me cautious.  And yes, I saw the endurance prospects , who were just hyper with bad legs. I saw many a bad leg or lameness problem this year.  When I saw the horse I was looking at, I really pussy-footed around the whole endurance thing for fear they would tell me I couldn't have the horse. First we talked about CTR, and trail riding and the owners thought that was nice. Then the owner popped out with a positive statement about endurance and people she knows who do endurance, then I showed her my Tevis picture and she got all excited. "Maybe a horse I bred can do the Tevis some day!!!"  Then the vet check, the vet declared the horse has "Up-right hooves".  I thought, "Nah--this horse has a heel".  That vet is just used to race horses and show horses.  My vet concurred. He say's "that horse doesn't have upright hooves, he has nice hooves."  It's all in the way we are looking at things I guess. Beth