Re: RC: RO

> However, it might behoove the board
> to rename this particular pull code (rider problems?
>  rider issues?) so that it doesn't "sound" so much
> like a matter of who pulled the horse.

At my ride Saturday, a rider walked her horse ALL the
way back in because the horse was lame.  Of course,
she wasn't going back out for love nor money.
However, the pull code was lameness because the horse
was lame and was unable to continue.

When it comes to that "gray" area like "My horse feels
off but he doesn't look off.  I'm not going to take
the chance and I'll pull now" type stuff, that is a
definate RO because the vet didn't have sufficient
cause to pull the horse.

There was a horse there that had inverted CRI's all
day long.  Now, in actuallity, the vet wasn't a
stickler on time and *may* have taken the second heart
rate too soon.  Or, a horse could have raced past this
stallion causing his heart to speed up.  At any rate,
not knowing any better, I'd have pulled that horse for
a 13/16 CRI.  He wasn't pulled but the rider was
warned.  The horse came finished in 8 hours (ride
time) and had an excellent CRI at the end.  Now, since
the vet didn't pull her, let's say that the rider quit
on her own.  Would that indeed be RO or metabolic?

Sorry...I'm hungry for a can of worms right now.
After managing a ride, I've eaten all the crow I care
to for awhile! :-)

=====
Susan Young Casey
Glenndale Grace Farm
Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles,
and win the race!"         - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)