Re: RC: Sand as Stall Footing/Colic Question.

Hi Kathy,

I have a backyard barn and paddock in northern CA.  The first winter it
turned into a muddy, slippery mess.  I brought in a bunch of sand.  I
wasn't thrilled about this solution, but nobody could come up with anything
better.  I feed on rubber mats that are under a large overhang next to the
barn.  I sweep it off morning and night before I feed.  Once in a while
some hay ends up out in the sandy part, but not very much.  I've been doing
this for the past 2+ years.  So far, so good.

Suzanne