Re: re: Spook and Spin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dabney Finch" <dabneyesq@cs.com>

> While I agree about "sending a horse away" to a trainer (especially if
it's
> arena training), I don't think you should write off the whole idea of
having
> a trainer work with this horse.
>
> I have a trainer who comes to my place and takes my horses out on our
trails
> when I don't have the time or inclination.

Yep, it sure does depend on the trainer and what he or she does.  I send a
green Arab mare down to Fred Emigh in Santa Rosa several years ago.  She
wasn't bad....but I had the $ then, and wanted a professional to put miles
on her,  on the trail and get her comfortable going out on her own.  She
came back to us just wonderful; kid broke and safe, and Fred did a terrific
job.  Fred took her through all sorts of obstacles; along traffic, through
ponds, etc.

Karen