Re: garlic "re-visited"!

>ps...subject pertains to onion tops, not root...Are roots bad >too?!  And why are humans not affected when eating >chives and other members of the onion family??
>
>And why would we "supplement" with potentially toxic >stuffs???

Humans would get the same Heinz bodies (if memory serves) if they ate enough.

As for supplementing with potential toxins---well, the only difference between a "supplement" and "toxin" is dose.  Virtually every nutrient will cause detrimental effects if overdone, which of course is the primary argument against buying more and more buckets---the end result is usually an overall decrease in health rather than an increase. :-)

Susan G