From: lori cox [mailto:blaircox@safeaccess.com]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 9:45 AM
To: ride camp
Subject: RC: barefoot

Tracy and Susan,
While I don't have a degree in anything. It has been my experience that  my
gelding now sweats less on rides. (I just started him back on 50s, he did 3
days on the fall XP,with his Easy Boots.) The sweat used to just run off
him, now he just gets damp, and I can now feed small amounts of alfalfa
without him stocking up and getting muscle cramps in the hindquarters as
soon as I start working him. Also his eyes don't get that gooey stuff in the
corners and his hooves used to ALWAYS be cold in the winter if I wasn't
riding him. Last year the snow would melt off his hooves while he was
standing in it. I was cool to see steam coming off them!
In the past there was always something not quite right with him. I stopped
vaccinating him a few years ago because they always left him acting sickly
for a few days. One time when the vet gave him a sedative to float his teeth
the affects lasted 2 days! One more thing, he is even holding his weight
better.
I know Susan, you are going to say this probably doesn't have much if
anything to do with his being barefoot but I have owned him for almost 8
years and going barefoot is the only thing that I have changed in the last
year.

OK I'll try to be quiet now. BTW good job Tracy you go girl!

Lori Cox
Williams,AZ