Re: RC: Does anyone hold clinics for beginners?

In Florida, while we can't count, we are fortunate to have two distance
riding clinics a year. They are tailored to get new people into distance
riding, both CTR and endurance. One is sponsored by the FL Horsemen
Association who runs the FL 3 Day 100 mile CTR (which had it's 50th
running last year!) and several other CTR's during the year. It is in the
fall and is a two day clinic. The first day is "classroom" usually with a
horse evaluation in the afternoon, where the evaluators are "wired" so
all can hear the comments and can ask questions. They will normally have
top people there to speak.

The second day is a "mock ride" which is 10 miles with a check at five
miles and a check at the end.

The second clinic is presented by the SouthEast Distance Riders
Association (SEDRA). SEDRA is a FL based CTR sanctioning organization
which sanctions CTR's in the FL and parts of Georgia. SEDRA should not be
confused with SERA, which is a regional endurance organization which
supports the AERC SE region.

SEDRA has a distance clinic in the spring which is on the same basic
format as the FHA clinic (first day instruction and discussion and second
day a mock ride )  to introduce new riders to the sport. Both of these
clinics are top notch and are well worth going to for new or wantabe
distance riders.

And yes they take people from out of state, but only if your name is not
Chad!

Truman

--
Vertex Engineering, Inc.