Does anyone hold clinics for beginners?

  In Dave Nicholsons reply, he said: "First, you should know
that I have suggested to every ride manager that I can think
of,  that the LD ride be separated from the longer rides so
that we don’t have to work them all at the same time.   Many
times I have offered to come to the rides early to participate
in a clinic.  If the LD rides are to be a training ride for
young horses and new riders, we should be spending more time
with them, not less."

  I would ***LOVE*** t attend an endurance clinic oriented
towards neophytes, where you learn how to do pulse/respiration,
interpret gut sounds, etc, how to evaluate your conditioning,
tips for controlling your horse during the start etc.  It would
also be great to check out a variety of endurance saddles etc.
Ideally such a clinic would be coupled with an LD ride, but
would not have to be.  Being in Virginia, there are not all
that many rides near here for me to attend.  I plan to
volunteer at one of the Old Dominion rides this spring, but it
sure would be nice to have a have a clinicwhere I could ask ALL
my stupid questions without feeling like I am detracting from
the 'main event'.

  If anyone thinks this would be a good I dea, I volunteer to
help coordinate it.

Amanda Perez

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more