Re: Toc not drinking

Mickie,

Thanks for the suggestion.  One thing I did try, and which Kat also suggested, and which works (so far, I have no doubt he'll suss this one out, too!) is the following:

I remove the water from his paddock at about 4pm.  Give him water in his stable at 5:30 pm (which he will then drink), take it away again, and give it to him again at 7pm.  If he doesn't drink, I take it away, and give it to him again at 9pm, and leave it in the stable.

Now that he's being deprived of his favourite plaything, he suddenly wants it really badly!

I'm not mad on the idea of feeding bran, because of the scouring effect.  He is a horse with soft stools most of the time anyway, and one time I did feed bran, they became really loose and a bit runny.

Tracey