Re: RC: paid managers???!

In a message dated 01/22/2001 9:20:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
brickson@delanet.com writes:

<< We've been learning quite a bit each time so that it's a bit easier each
 Ride, but that still hasn't made our expenses much less or our efforts less
 exhausting.  It takes several days for me to recover fully from putting on a
 Ride.  Anyway, give us a break--maybe some do, but *these* managers DO NOT
 MAKE money.  I see this happening with other local rides, too.  It is a
 labor of love and sacrifice.  >>

As a ride manager of 25+ years, I second the above statement.  Because we own
the property on which our rides are staged, and because none of our neighbors
charge anything to use THEIR land, we manage a bit easier, but it's still not
enough to compensate for the work and worry.  It is truly a labor of love,
and pure enjoyment of sharing our part of the world with others.  As riders,
we appreciate other ride managers doing the same.  How else would we have the
opportunity to ride in the deserts, mountains, canyons, and hills the rest of
you know so much better than we?  Long live endurance riding!!  What a
wonderful life.

Barbara