Toc not drinking

Tracey,
We go through this with several horses periodically (it always seems to be the ones you have had problems with and that need it the worst!).  As a matter of fact we're having it now with a mare; it seems to be excersise-realated with her.  as in, she's not getting any since the footing is crap.
Some horses will drink if you flavor their water -- apple juice, cider, peppermints, etc.  (One stallion at our barn is particularly fond of Dr. Pepper).  The peppermints would probably not be a good idea since it's summer there but you may be able to try apple juice or something without drawing extra bugs.
Also, a vet friend I'd contacted about the mare at our barn said some horses tend to prefer a metal trough over plastic too, when they're going through a spell like that.
The bran suggested in another post can give you something to mix water in. We do that with the ones at our barn; tried beet pulp -- which I know you can't get there -- but the horses who needed it most got bored and wouldn't eat it in large amounts.  But if you use much bran, it is high in phosphorous so you have to make sure they are getting enough calcium or you will through the mineral balance off.
Good luck, and if you find anything let me know too!
Mickie