RE: LD Rides

I don't think there is a real problem.  Maybe the Duck was in the
Army and has to "tear people down in order to build them up."
I won't defend his tactic, but his interest is still with the
horse.

If you read the posts, I think that you may find that there is
more positive reasons for riding LD than there are negative.
I don't think that LD riders are being slammed at all by the
majority of people involved in endurance rides.  I think people
should get a little thicker skin, focus on the fun parts of our
sport, and just keep on learning.  Just because a person is doing
50 milers does not mean they don't make mistakes.  I'm still
making mistakes, and probably will for awhile until I figure
everything out.  Like how to finish a ride without my horse
thumping afterwards when you have a horse that tends to thump!
Got chewed out mildly by the vet, so being chewed out by the
vet is NOT limited to LD!  Maybe if I was an LD rider, I have
a license to be oversensitive?  Go ahead - flame on.  I have
my learning curve, too - and will continue to have it
when I start doing 100's.  Just part of the learning process.

K.