LD Rides

JudyK89@aol.com

You know, it seems like a lot of people are slamming  LD riders here.  Since I'm new here, and training for my first LD it's a little upsetting.  Maybe instead of complaining, you should take these people under your wing and try to teach them, I always thought mentoring was a big part of this sport.  I thought that was what the LD was for, to learn what you're supposed to do, and not supposed to do, to expose the horses and see what they can do, and how they react.   Didn't any of you people start out making mistakes?  I know I will, and I have the advantage of learning from here, and from friends that have been riding for years. I hope I won't be criticized for every mistake I make. The rules are set up for penalizing a rider that over works the horse, if that isn't working, we should change the rules.  If it isn't hurting the horse, because the new people actually took the time to condition right, then what's the problem?

Judy