Re: RC: bad knee

Nancy:
As a former ACE certified personal trainer I would recommend that you contact
the local ACE trainer in your area and ask for a consultation. Explain to the
trainer in as much depth as possible the extent of your injuries and
surgeries. Provide any doctors information that you feel would be relevant to
the situation. A certified trainer will then work with you to develop a
program that you can use to strengthen your whole leg, not just the knee.
When we favor something due to an injury, we can become lopsided as you say,
and then sustain other injuries because of it. It may be that you feel you
cannot afford a trainer, but a consultation should be minimal and a few
sessions to learn the exercises are well worth the benefits you will receive.
The American Council on Exercise can provide you with the number of local
certified trainers in your area. Hope this helps!

Laura