Re: RC: Advice sought: "Killer" distance race near me

First of all, the AERC, nor any orther organization ownes a copywrite or trade
mark to the terms "endruance," "endurance riding," or "endurance racing."  Second
it sounds like this is on private land. Third even if it were animal abuse under
NM law, the crime has not been yet committed. So you really have no leg to stand
on.

As far as organizations like PETA, be careful how you pick your friends -" the
enemy of my enemy is my friend" is not a good criteria. PETA most likely would
like to see legitimate endurance riding defined as abuse (since there is so much
more of it) than they care about this type of once a year thing.

The only way to attack this is to get as much information as you can, find out
what does actually happen at these events and if there are problems push the
local DA for prosecution on these violations. It would also be very helpful to
get the local ranchers involved on your side so you weren't the lone ranger (and
only target).

JMO

Truman

--