Re: Susan and beet pulp and Colorado

> Good morning all!  I just got back from a week in Fort Collins, home of
> Colorado State University, and their vet school.  While I was there it
> dawned on me that the excellent standing of their vet school likely had a
> minor role to play in Susan's choice of schools.  What likely played the
> major role (in my amazingly insightful opinion) is the fact the Ft.
Collins
> is in the middle of sugar beet country!!  ;>)

I wish it wasn't.  When I bought my house, I had no idea that it was
situated about 200 yards from where all the local sugar beet growers dump
their beets after harvest prior to being shipped to the refinery.  They dump
around the clock and it sounds like thunder.  I didn't mind so much (I love
the sound of a thunderstorm, anyway), but it took until the second year
before the dogs got used to it and stopped trying to burrow under the covers
so Mom could save them.  Or, mighta been that the older one finally just got
too deaf to hear it anymore. :-)

 I hope those farmers are paying her well
> for single-handedly improving the market for their crops!

I take my commission in sugar beets.  When they're all piled up, I wander
over and pick up a few of the ones along the road and cut them up into
chunks as treats for the horses and the squirrel.

Susan G