RE: Old Macs & Swiss Boot Info:

Good point, but why expend precious time and energy of making something fit when there are other products on the market that funtion just as well (if not better) and are easier to apply and remove?  Options are a good thing!

Tracey in Portland
-----Original Message-----
From: Karen [mailto:karen@storallnv.com]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 2:37 PM
To: Vallonelee@aol.com; Trailrite@aol.com; Ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Old Macs & Swiss Boot Info:

At 03:56 PM 09/28/2001 -0400, Vallonelee@aol.com wrote:
On this subject, I was wondering about using the easyboots for the entire ride.    I have used the easy boots as a "spare tire" but never for the entire ride.  Wouldn't it be necessary to also train with them so the horse is accustomed to the different feel/weight factor?  Just curious as I am considering making that jump but not sure how to proceed.

Hi Lee:

It is definitely a good idea to get your horse used to the boots ahead of time.  That way, you can work out all the fitting issued ahead of time.  Horses adapt to them quite well.  Still though, it is always advisable to follow the cardinal rule of endurance:  Never try anything new at a ride.

Here's my pages on easyboots:  http://www.redwrench.com/EZboot/karen/karen.html  (thanks to Michelle who donates the space :+)).  If you are going to ride endurance rides in the boots, I'd recommend following some of these instructions and/or using the new version of the boots.

For people who think that easyboots are not easy, here's some advice.  Things that are worth doing are not easy.  If you want to be successful in this sport, then you are going to have to put out a little effort.  The time it takes to learn how to fit and use easyboots is minimal compared to the overall time spent with your horse.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in NV
& 2 horses with lots of miles in easyboots
        :+)  (including 1925 miles of the 2001 XP)