Tied up

  Last night at my WP lesson, my mare, Scarlet, tied up.   I'm worried.
This is a first time for this. Is she going to be prone to tying up all
the time now?  I rode her Sunday - just a short 6 mile ride, then she
went back to the trainers.  It poured buckets Sunday afternoon, so she
did not get out again until yesterday evening.  My trainer longed her and
since she wasn't feeling to good (trainier), just let Scarlet pick her
own pace.  Scarlet ran like a bat out of hell!!!  Really fast galloping
on the line.  When she finished, she was blowing pretty hard, but wasn't
at all tired (as evidenced by the time I had trying to keep her at a slow
western jog!!).  Near the end of the lesson, she started walking with
little mincing steps, so we stopped and checked her out.  Her rear legs
slowed til they could barely move, so we made her stand and called the
vet.  Could the wild longing have caused this?  Change in weather? (It's
been cold at night since Monday)  Something else?  What should I be
worrying about now?

Thanks,
Rae
Tall C Arabians - SE TX