confused about worming schedule

Nina Vasiliev rides4fun@hotmail.com
I know that we've discussed this before but I can't find it in the
 archives. Sorry for the memory lapse, (DIMR)

The panacur purge: it's five days of double dose per horse, right?
  What time of year is it needed? Didn't Susan recommend a cheaper
 way of doing this?  I remember that I couldn't find what she
 recommended at out local feed stores, but I would like to look
 again if someone would remind me what was suggested.

 I'm in N. CA. I board my horses and they are turned out daily on
meager pasture which is used by other horses also. I have no idea
 how those horses are wormed.  I worm with Ivermectin every two
 months except for the "Panacur Purge" once in the winter...Is
 that right?  Does that kill all the little wormy thingies? O&P?

Thanks for your help and patience,

Nina