Re: RC: tail hair momento...

From: Oldwaggy@aol.com
To: suesblues@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: RC:  tail hair momento...
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:44:19 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/01 8:34:08 AM, suesblues@hotmail.com writes:

<< I had saved the mane & tail hair from my beloved anglo arab who I'd had
for his full 30 years. From when he was born & I was 6 years old to 36, when
I lost him.
   My oldest daughter asked me to send the tail hair to her a couple years
ago. She made a beautiful fly whisk out of it! She used wood from a tree in
her yard & hand stitched a deer skin cover & handle. It now rests on my
mantle as a beautiful reminder of my old friend.
   I would like to have the info on the craftsman that makes the bracelets,
too. I still have his mane hair & also the hair from his old pony buddy who
we lost 4 years ago. >>

The Icelandic tradition is to make a rug out of your favorite horse when its
gone.  The pinto ones are particularly striking but I would have to think
about it.

John Parke
Solvang CA

I had a hard enough time cutting the mane & tail hair from my old friend! I
can't imagine making a rug!
But then Roy Rogers had Trigger stuffed!

~Sue Walz