Re: Worming Question

Maureen A. Fager trotttin27@hotmail.com
"She did not worm from April until late August, when
she used Zimecterin. I think the horse needs worming
again. She is worried that she does not want to give
too much too soon. "

In a book that is formatted in notebook style,
big blue notebook whose name escape's me at
the moment, (it's at home.)  This book has a chart
that among other things lists the toxiticty levels
of de-wormers and ivermetrin is listed as 60X, in other
words, one would have to give 60 times the normal dose
for it to become toxic.  Pancur was listed as 100X.  I
looked it up last night.

I'll look the book title's name up and post tomorrow,
but the bottom line is, your friend should be afraid of
the parasites--not of the dewormers.  She is putting
her horse's heath at risk.

There is lots of good information about de-worming
availible, many horse magazines publish articles
and many programs are outlined in horse and stable
management books.

De-worming programs can be managed around fecal samples,
but many folks have good results by de-worming every 2 months
and rotating de-wormers.

There may be much more information availble on
web, perhaps you can help your friend do some
research.

Good Luck,
Maureen

Reno, NV