Anybody have an Arab in need of a good home? (SoCal)

Hi all,

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend of mine that has had a year of
bad luck.

My friend, Susan, lives in Southern California and has had horses all
her life.  She had two Arabian geldings (one was her own, the other
gelding (Rocky) was left to her by a close friend that passed away). She
lost her own gelding from a freak electrocution accident a year ago and
has been devastated ever since.  However, she still had the other Arab
gelding to dote on and have as a riding horse up until now. Rocky has
been recently diagnosed with Degenerative Suspensory Ligament Desmitis
and he is now only pasture-sound.  He goes very lame if ridden and needs
to be retired permanently.

Susan has 1.5 acres in a very horse-friendly area in the San Fernando
Valley.  She takes excellent care of her horses as well as my mare, who
is boarded there too (there are only 4 horses on the property
currently).   Horses get 24-day turnout, alfalfa/grass mix hay in
morning, and grass hay at noon and again night, with carrots every night
as a treat.  Wormed/vacc'd regularly, fly masks on/off, farrier, etc.
all taken care of religiously.

Susan is looking for a well mannered Arab gelding to replace Rocky as
her pleasure riding horse.  Rocky will live the rest of his life with
Susan, as long as he is without pain.  Susan cannot afford to buy an
expensive horse, and is hoping to take in a horse that perhaps needs a
good home. She can afford to pay some ($1,500 or less would be my
guess).  Trail and ground manners are important.  Horse would be for
pleasure trail use only - no endurance, CTR, or anything competitive.
Age preference is anywhere from 7 yrs to 15 yrs.

If anyone knows of a horse like this in SoCal whose owner needs to find
it a good home, please let me know by email at jlthompson@earthlink.net
<mailto:jlthompson@earthlink.net> and I will pass the info along to her.

Thanks,
Jennifer